Participants will learn the tricky process of interpreting contract language to ensure all risks are minimized and how to get the best out of the contracted partnership. Contract management begins from the beginning of contract writing and continues to oversee the contract, ensuring both parties are fulfilling their promises and sticking to the conditions.
By the end of the course, participants will have knowledge of:
- Understanding of the legal terminologies.
- Reduce risk in contract delivery.
- Maximize value from procurement.
- Understand the role of contracting in projects.
- Understand the role of contracts in procurement.
- Meet contracting process obligation.
The course is designed to be highly participative and interactive, based on the philosophy of experiential learning. The following learning tools will be used in the workshop:
- Case Studies.
- Role Plays
- Presentations by participants
Contract Management Principles & Practice
- What are Contracts and how are they Created?.
- Role and Value of Procurement Contracts.
- Creation of a Procurement Contract:
- Legal Concepts of Procurement Contracts.
- Procurement Contract Construction:
- Essential Clauses.
- Exemption clauses.
- Managing Contract Performance.
- Roles and Responsibilities of a Contract Manager.