This is a certification programme designed and given by the American Institute of Business & Management (AIBM) which covers all the latest requirements and practices. Freight forwarding professionals organizes shipments for individuals or corporations to get goods from the manufacturer or producer to a market, customer or final point of distribution. They contract with a carrier to move the goods. A forwarder does not move the goods but acts as an expert in supply chain management
The course is designed to be highly participative and interactive, based on the philosophy of experiential learning. The following learning tools will be used in the workshop:
- Case Studies.
- Hands-on skill development exercises.
Certified Shipping & Freight Forwarding Professional
- Part A - Shipping.
- Shipping Operations.
- Shipping Business – Essential Feature.
- Ship Broking & Operations
- Shipping Operations and Management
- Part B - Freight Forwarding.
- Freight Forwarding, Distribution and Transport Management.
- Air Cargo Services, Contracts of Carriage and Air Waybills.
- Rail Transportation.
- Carriage of Cargo.
- Securing of Cargo.
- Load Securing in Containers
- Shipping Methods.
- Intermodal Shipping.
- Freight Forwarders.
- Channels of Distribution
- Cost Factors.
- Marketing Plans / Policies.
- INCOTERMS 2010