The purpose of this course is to help you improve your performance in delivering presentations and public speaking both in terms of the English language and communication skills. An important element of this course is also to address the issue of confidence in order to help you overcome any fears you may have of speaking in front of an audience.
The Course Will:
- Call on your experience and provide additional tips on preparing and delivering an effective presentation.
- Allow you plenty of time to practice delivering presentations on topics relevant to your work Help you become aware of the importance of voice, pausing, word and sentence stress, intonation and body language in presentations.
- Provide guidance on how to overcome stage fright.
- Highlight the importance of intercultural competency in working in a cross-cultural environment.
- Help you evaluate your own and your peers’ performance.
The course is designed to be highly participative and interactive, based on the philosophy of experiential learning. The following learning tools will be used in the workshop:
- Hands-on skill development exercises.
- Presentations by participants