Individual and team success in business depends upon the ability of individuals to communicate with others, face to face, as well as virtually. Every interaction, whether presenting one to one or to an audience of one thousand, conveying information to a project team or delivering a difficult message, communicating in Business English effectively is one of the most powerful skills for achieving your objectives.
The course is designed to be highly participative and interactive, based on the philosophy of experiential learning. The following learning tools will be used in the workshop:
- Hands-on skill development exercises.
- Presentations by participants
Communicating for Success
- Understanding the Communication Process.
- Using Technology to Communicate in a Global Society.
- Communicating and Working in Teams.
Grammar Basics for Successful Communication
- Improving Grammar Skills and Mechanics.
- Abbreviations - acronyms: abbreviations used in business today.
- Business letters: useful phrases for business letters.
- Employment/HR vocabulary/Graphs - charts: useful phrases & vocabulary for presenting.
- Interviews: preparation for an interview.
- Marketing-Sales vocabulary.
- Meetings/Presentations vocabulary: useful phrases for presentations.
Writing for Effective Business Communication
- Writing Style.
- Formatting Letters, Memos, E-Mails, and Simple Reports.
Speaking for Successful Communication
- Speaking Informally/Giving Presentations.
Listening and Reading for Successful Communication
- Active Listening and Careful Reading.